The Why Not? Blog

At the tender age of 25 Dave started skateboarding. 14 months later he became the first person to skate the length of Britain. Another 8 months on he had crossed Australia on his board, breaking a world record & raising over £20,000 for three charities. Now, at 27, he's writing his first book, is a motivational speaker and a businessman, and he's only just gotten started on a lifetime of challenges which from the outside look just darn crazy. So, why? You know the answer, don't you. Why not?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Day 24: Throbbing

I had a lie-in this morning until 10am. I felt like a king. And then I felt a wierd throbbing sensation in my foot. All day it has been throbbing. I sat on a sofa for two hours sending emails and updating the website. It throbbed. I decided to get some blood to flow into the foot so had a game of one-legged table tennis and one-legged pool with Dim. I sat down again. Here I am. Still throbbing. I think the antibiotics are forcing the infection out. Holls and Dim said my foot looked like it had normal skin on it. You know things haven't been good when normal skin on your foot is a topic of conversation. We're getting more videos uploaded. I have one more day of rest after this. My foot is throbbing. I hope one more day is enough. I'm sick of throbbing. Jonathan Ross wrote to me. I replied. He replied. I think he thinks I'm mad.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no never a good topic1 lol hope your day dose you good man! cant beleve how quickly you have been going hope the foot dosent spoil it!! how do you feel about oz now? good luk and all the best you nutter!!! volcom guy

     
  • At 3:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get well soon Dave - I will be following your progress from up here in Scotland. Compeed and a helluva lot of cups of tea - that's what ye want! Say hullo to my home land (Kernooooww) for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Dave's Blog by email:

Delivered by FeedBurner